The Ellis County Landfill is advising the public of an upcoming tire disposal discount event. Due to unavailability of grants for a tire amnesty, the Ellis County Commission has approved a half price reduction on the rate of tires from 10 cents/pound to 5 cents/pound. The sale will begin Monday, September 21, 2020 and last through Saturday, October 3, 2020. All tires disposed of will be recycled. To utilize this disposal opportunity, residents must comply with the following requirements:
• Waste tires that are being disposed of, must be located within Ellis County.
• Hauler/Owner will not accept compensation for collection of tires, such as disposal fees for collecting, storing, or disposing of tires.
• Customer must sign a waste tire certification, stating source of tire location, and the residency of the owner. Proper identification may be required.
• Ellis County residents only. No businesses.
• Tires must be delivered in a secured method to prevent losing load during transport to the landfill.
• Tires must be separated and not co-mingled with other waste material. Other waste material will be assessed the appropriate fees by waste category.
Please direct any questions to the Ellis County Landfill at (785) 628-9460. Your cooperation is appreciated.