Ellis County is announcing a waste tire amnesty event waiving the tire disposal fee at the Ellis County Landfill/Transfer Station located at 1515 W. 55th. The purpose of this amnesty event, which will begin April 29th and end on May 18th , is to allow Ellis County residents a short-term option to dispose of stockpiled waste tires at no cost. In order to utilize this disposal opportunity, residents must comply with the following requirements:
• There will be a maximum of 10 tires per owner/hauler. Persons with more than 10 tires must contact
the Landfill Manager at 785-628-9460 prior to hauling the tires to the facility. The Landfill Manager
will issue a disposal authorization upon inspection of the tire stockpile/storage. Failure to acquire
prior disposal authorization will result in either full assessment of the disposal fee or refusal of tires
until a storage site inspection is completed by Ellis County.
• The waste tire stockpile or storage must have been located in Ellis County prior to January 31, 2013.
• The hauler/owner has not accepted compensation, e.g. a disposal fee, for collecting, storing, or
disposing of tires collected.
• Tires must be delivered in a secured method to prevent losing load during transport to the landfill.
• Tires must be segregated and not co-mingled with other waste material. Other waste material will
be assessed the appropriate fees by waste category.
• Hauler/owner must sign a waste amnesty certification asserting origin of tires and residency of the
hauler/owner. Proper identification may be required.
The waste tire amnesty program is intended for use by private citizens and is not intended for commercial businesses.