Current Tax Sale Information
The next Tax Sale will occur on Tuesday, August 10th, 2021 at 10:00 AM in the Commission meeting room in the basement of the Ellis County Administrative Building at 718 Main Street, Hays, KS. No preregistration is required to bid on a property. Payment in the form of a check or cash is required at the conclusion of the sale.
The following Tracts will be eligible for this year's tax sale:
- 405 W. 23rd St, Hays, KS
- 1106 Ash St., Victoria, KS
- 1511 Sarratov St, Pfeifer, KS
- 1519 Sarratov St, Pfeifer, KS
- 701 7th St, Victoria, KS
- 0 7th St, Victoria, KS
- The current owner(s) may redeem the property at any time prior to the time of the sale. Therefore, property status may change. Please contact the Treasury for a current listing.
- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR RESEARCHING THE PROPERTIES WHICH INTEREST YOU TO DETERMINE IF THEY ARE SUITABLE FOR YOUR USE. Some examples of research: determine the location and type of property; check with the city and county for zoning, building restrictions and special assessments; check with the county appraiser for appraised value and current tax rates; check with the Office of Records and Tax Administration for easements and restrictive covenants, and view the property.
- Please note: Ownership of the property remains with the current owner(s) until the sale has been confirmed by the court. THEREFORE, YOU MAY NOT ENTER THE PROPERTY WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF THE OWNER(S).