- WIC Program
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office on Women’s Health (OWH) wants your help to learn about your experience as a new mom. They want to learn how to make it easier for new moms to get help if they feel pressure with a new baby and other life issues. They are looking for new moms to take a survey about their experiences. If you are a woman who has had a baby within the last year and you are willing to answer questions about your experience as a new mom, you will be helping other moms in the future. The survey will take about 20 minutes. If you are willing to help, please click on the link https://forms.gle/dgiRYiGdHt2FX4mp8 - or paste it into your Web browser - that will take you to our sign-up form.
As a mother, one of the best things that only you can do for your baby is to breastfeed. Breastfeeding is more than a lifestyle choice - it is an important healthy choice. Any amount of time that you spend breastfeeding will help both you and your baby. Although breastfeeding isn't the only option for feeding your baby. Every mother has the potential to succeed and make breastfeeding a wonderful experience. WIC strongly encourages new mothers to breastfeed, as breast milk is widely acknowledged to be the most complete form of nutrition for infants with a wide range of benefits for both infants and mothers.
Breast milk is perfect for babies because:
- Best possible nutrition
- Easy to digest - immediately ready to help baby grow
- Reduces risk of SIDS, ear infections, RSV and diarrhea
- Helps prevent chronic disease including diabetes, asthma, heart disease and cancer
- Promotes brain growth and a smarter baby - child - adult
- Always clean and safe
Breast milk is ideal for moms because:
- Always ready at the right temperature
- Promotes weight loss after pregnancy
- Prevents chronic disease including osteoporosis and cancer
Breast milk is good for families:
- Healthy breastfed babies are ready for play - more fun for dads, brothers, sisters and grandparents
- Breastfed babies stay healthier - moms and dads don't have to miss work for a sick baby
- Breastfeeding saves money - mom can eat a little more and make plenty of breastmilk.
- Breastfeeding saves time - always ready anywhere you go, nothing to carry but your baby
- Breastfeeding saves the environment - no manufacturing pollution or waste