What immunizations are available?
Ellis County Health Department offers a variety of immunizations for children, teens, adults and traveling individuals. Take a look under the Adult, Child and Travel Vaccinations tabs for additional information about what immunizations are required. A few immunizations that ECHD offers include, but not limited to:
- Hep A & B
- Tetanus (Dtap & Tdap)
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- Influenza (Flu)
What travel immunizations do I need?
The best way to find out what immunizations are needed prior to your trip, is by going to the CDC Travel Destinations page and selecting where you are traveling to. This site will also give you current health information about the area, such as what diseases you may be exposed to and what diseases are currently spreading. Most areas require that you be up to date on common immunizations, but also recommend or require immunizations such as:
- Typhoid (must be ordered and paid for upfront)
- Rabies (must be ordered and paid for upfront)
- Japanese Encephalitis (Not offered at this location)
- Yellow Fever (Not offered at this location)
- Malaria- (this is a medication you will need to get from your doctor, but commonly needed for travel)
***Please call Ellis County Health Department to inquire if the immunization you need is available, as we do not keep these on hand due to expiration dates.