County Clerk's Duties
Responsibilities of the County Clerk include:
- Administering oaths
- Computing and certifying the tax roll to the County Treasurer for collection
- Keeping a record of all orders and contracts that create a liability against county funds
- Taking and maintaining minutes of all County Commission meetings
- Serving as the county election officer and conducting all elections in Ellis County
- Serving as a notary public
- Serving as budgetary accountant and accounts payable clerk for the county
- Setting tax levies
- Signing and issuing all orders approved by the Board of Commissioners
The Deputy County Clerk shall perform all duties of the County Clerk during his/her absence.
For More Information
If you have any questions, please contact the County Clerk's Office at (785) 628-9410.