Proof of Citizenship
Effective January 1, 2013, all first-time registrants are required to submit Proof of U.S. Citizenship to register to vote. 
This notice covers persons who have applied to register to vote and have not yet provided proof of citizenship. Due to recent court rulings, if you have applied to register to vote at a Kansas Division of Motor Vehicles office or if you have applied to register to vote using the "Federal Form" voter registration (as opposed to the standard 'state form') and have not yet provided proof of citizenship, you are registered to vote for the November 8, 2016 General Election. Your name will appear on the poll book for your voting location, and you will be given a standard ballot. There is nothing further you need to provide subject only to further official notices.  
If you have any questions concerning your eligibility of this notice you may contact your local county election office or the Secretary of State's office at (800)262-8683.

Got Photo ID?
Every voter must show photo ID when voting.  A voter requesting a ballot by mail must either write his or her driver's license number on the application or send a copy of a photo ID to get a ballot.  A voter age 65 or older may use an expired document.

Certain individuals are exempt from the ID requirements:  permanent advance voters (voters with illnesses or disabilities), overseas military voters and their spouses and dependents, and voters with religious objections who sign declarations.

Got Photo ID?  Click Here for more information

Voter Registration Qualifications
To register to vote, you must:
  • Be a U.S. citizen and a resident of the State of Kansas
  • Have abandoned your former residence and/or name
  • Have reached the age of 18 before the next statewide general election
  • Have your civil rights restored if convicted of a felony
Registration Procedure
Qualified persons may register to vote at the County Clerk's Office or at other designated locations by either requesting an application from the County Clerk or downloading a Voter Registration Application from the Kansas Secretary of State. If you have changed your name or address, contact the County Clerk at (785) 628-9410 to update your voter registration information.

Advance Voting
With advance voting, any registered voter can vote by mail or in person before Election Day. You can download the Kansas Secretary of State's Advance Voting Application or contact the County Clerk to request an application for an advance voting ballot.

Polling Location
To find out where your polling location is, please visit the Vote! Kansas website. Here you can enter your name and birth date to get your current polling location, county voting history, and more.