Tax Refunds

Homestead Act Refunds

Lower income homeowners may find some tax relief from Homestead Act Tax refunds. Eligibility is determined by income, which is in turn determined by both income and the amount of taxes.

You can apply for these refunds if you:
  • Are at least 55 years of age
  • Have dependent children
  • Have disabilities

Applications & Additional Information

Applications are available in the county clerk's office, which is located at:
1204 Fort St.
Hays, KS 67601

Please call the county clerk's office at (785) 628-9410 for more information.